Saturday, February 4, 2012


I’m willing to walk beside you side by side
But for only one condition.
Hide your wings every time we walk together
Co’z the whole world might discover that you’re my ANGEL




My Home, My Parent

It is the second home for me
A school what they call to be
It is not just a school for me
Because of its great to humanity

Teacher teaches the lesson for the day
For their students lighten their way
Even they across hundreds of oceans and bay
They listen to it and obey

Be thankful of important lesson they teach
Because anyone can do a preach
But a teacher is always their to teach
Foe the goodness of future of each

          -M.J. Empalmado

Gugmai tinuorai
Walay bulagai
Bahala’y magkamatai
Basta magdugai
Kung ang gugma giatay
Kay sige ra’g away
Maayo pa’y mulikay
Kaysa magmahay

Pambansang Kamalayan

Pulo pulo ang bansang Pilipinas
Ibat ibang wika ang pinamamalas
Pambansang kamalayan maari bang kamtan bukas?

Kaya ang Pangulong Quezon ay naglabas ng panukala
Na wikang Filipino ang siya nating pambansang wika
Nang bawat  tao’y magkaintindihan, magkaunawaan
Sa tuwid na landas na ating ninanasa

Banyagang wika’t di masamang tangkilikin
Huwag lang kalilimutan pambansang wika natin
Bagamat Filipino’y ating linangin
Pagkamakabayan ating panatilihin.


Masakit mang isipin at mahirap tanggapin
Ngunit wikang Filipino’y nasasapawan narin
Nang wikang Ingles na ginagamit natin
Sa paaralan,opisina o saan ka man makarating

Ang pagkakaintindihan ay napakahalaga
Nang ang isang bansa’y magkaisa
Sa maliwanag na bukas na ating nakikinita
Para sa ating bansang sinisinta

Tunay ngang ang wika’y napakahalaga
Sa minimithing kaunlaran ng bawat isa
Kaya wikang Filipino’y ating tangkilikin
Upang masaganang bukas ating kamtin.
                                                            -MJ Empalmado

Lying To Forget


This lie's become a part of me
For months, I've played this game
Acting like it doesn't hurt
Each time I hear his name

Ignoring what's inside of me
Pretending I've moved on
As if the feelings I once had
For him are somehow gone

Spending each and every day
With happiness and laughs
Forgetting all our memories
Avoiding photographs

But last night when I saw him
For the first time since he left
My heart stopped for a moment...
I couldn't catch my breath

When suddenly it hit me
As the tears started to flow
That even after all this time...
I just can't let him go 

You'll Find Someone Else


Age of six
He loved her so
And everyday
He'd let her know

"I love you Grace"
He'd say each day
She'd just laugh
And run away

Till one day
She turned around
And sat with him
On the playground

"I'm sorry Chris
I don't love you
You'll find someone else
Who loves you too"

Highschool came
They met again
They laughed about
The things back then

They began to date
And fell in love
He got the girl
That he'd dreamed of

But when college came
Everything changed
They were far apart
With lives rearranged

"We'll be fine Grace"
But she had doubt
She turned and said
"It won't work out"

"I'm sorry Chris
I can't love you
You'll find someone else
Who loves you too"

In their twenties
They met again
They laughed about
The things back then

He took her hand
They began to dance
Remembering
Their old romance

Two years later
She became his wife
They'd be together
All of their life

They went on a drive
When it was no longer light
They drove down the roads
Of the starry night

The music came on
She started to sing
He whispered, "Grace
You're my everything"

But then suddenly
In one big flash
Headlights shone
As their car crashed

He saw her laying
Down on the ground
He felt his tears
Start rolling down

"Grace..." he cried
She took his hand
"I have to leave...
Please understand"

"I love you so much
It's always been true
But you'll find someone else
And you'll love again too"

"No," he cried
"It's always been you
I don't want someone else
I only want you"

And there on that street
Is where he cried
Hugging his love
As she slowly died 
If Raindrops Were Tears

"…….You want me to stop;
You want to be friends,
But you'll be my true love
Until breath and life ends."

Broken Hearts

When I started as a seventh grader
I didn't think life could be greater.
Soon everything fell apart
and you pieced together my broken heart.
I opened up and let you in;
I never thought you'd hurt me in the end.

I never understood what went wrong.
I didn't think it would hurt this long.
All the things you said to me,
I always thought we would be.
The past we cannot forget
But our hearts might be filled with great regret.
I've survived heartbreak and I'll do it again.
I cannot dwell on one of you men.

Love comes your way each and everyday,
It isn't obvious but is shown in a different way.
Some people feel it and others don't,
There are some people who just won't.

Loving is living,
You have to be giving.
Hiding away won't solve the problem today.
Embrace each chance to give your heart away.

Love hurts but takes chances,
You will find different romances.
I will open my heart once more
But my heart will always be sore

I'm Too Big Too Cry

I never stopped to realize
How lonely I would be
I never thought the day would come
When you'd grow tired of me

Your voice was never sweeter
Than the day you said goodbye
You'll never know how much it hurt
Because I'm too big to cry

If I knew then what I know now
You'd still be kissing me
Instead there's someone else's lips
Where mine used to be

I say hello and wish you well
Each time I pass you by
But you'll never know how much it hurt
Because I'm too big to cry

You never looked so wonderful
As the day you walked away
I used to say, "I love you"
But that I could not say

I can't forget you darlin'
No matter how much I try
You'll never know how much it hurt
Because I'm too big to cr


Goodbye at Last

Saying goodbye is never easy
It's the hardest thing to do
But what hurts even more
Is not the chance to say it to you.

Yesterday is just a memory
Our laughter was sunny and bright
Then clouds started to gather
For you were no where in sight.

You were my first real love
And this I will never forget
How you left without a warning
No good-byes, my only regret.

Wherever I may be now
Always searching for another so true
To place my world of emotion
Handing my love to someone like you.

If again I must go there
And experience all the pain
I would do it in a minute
For all the good I would gain.

No matter what my wrongs
You offered only love
Until the day you left me
For your new home up above.

I know you still are with me
Your love is within my heart
Though life is no longer present
Our souls will never part.

This is given to you in honor
Of all that we did share
I just wanted you to know, dear,
How much I really did care.



No comments: